MSS and LSS are using iPads for enhancement of instruction in various areas. This is a list of recommended apps and is a work in progress. These guidelines pertain to all use of iPads (school owned or personal) with students.
While this is not an exhaustive list, apps on this list are recommended for use with students and have been evaluated through the App checklist below.
School: EDP MSS LSS iPad #(s) ____________________________________________
____ Existing App ____ New App Price $__________ ______ # of Apps requested
The Mobile App Review Checklist
Overview: App Title:___________________________________________________________
Is it already on our Recommended App List? _____Yes _____ No (STOP HERE if “Yes”)
App Publisher/Developer: ____________________________________
Link to App Store: ____________________________________
• Yes/ No - Is it relevant to the curriculum framework?
• Please provide and example. _____________________________________________________
1. Yes/ No - Is navigation easy? For example, index, contents, menus, clear icons
2. Yes/ No - Is on-screen help and/or tutorial available?
3. Yes/ No - Does it have multiple ability levels?
4. Yes/ No - How does it respond to errors? For example, incorrect spelling.
5. Yes/ No - Are there audio/video options with controls?
6. Yes/ No - Can selected material be tagged, copied, pasted, saved, and printed?
7. Yes/ No - Does it keep a history of the user's work over a period of time?
8. Yes/ No - Features that address special needs? E.g. physical, aural, visual, ESL.
9. Yes/ No - What support materials are included? For example, online resources, booklet, lesson
plans, student worksheets?
1. Yes/ No - Does the material accommodate diverse ways in which students learn?
2. Yes/ No - Is it developmentally and age appropriate?
3. Yes/ No - Does it provide an opportunity to increase students' understanding?
4. Yes/ No - Does it provide an opportunity for higher order thinking?
5. Yes/ No - Does it provide an opportunity for engagement and interaction?
6. Yes/ No - Does it provide opportunity for collaborative practice & idea sharing?
7. Yes/ No - Does it promote creativity and imagination?
8. Yes/ No - Does it provide an opportunity for problem solving?
9. Yes/ No - Does it provide feedback and assessment?
adapted from App ReviewRubric Courtesy of Palm Beach County Schools & Edudemic.com